Rabbi Josh Wohl
- We will again be hosting Winter Relief — (Dec 23rd-26th)
- Our leadership team had its first planning meeting on Tuesday Sep 3rd.
- I want to thank Janice Krasnow, Susan Zevin, Marian Figlio and Joyce Malech for their involvement in this important project.
- The signup genius for Winter Relief will be sent out to the congregation in Mid-October
- I also want to thank Laura Sheinhorn for her generous donation to our Winter Relief efforts.
- We started our volunteer work at Gigi’s Playhouse, with our Art Explosion class. The class been a huge success and Allison Charapp and Julie Wohl did an amazing job of leading the first two sessions.
- I’m also grateful that Dawn Schulman, Laurene Davidsburg, Marian Figlio, Sue Westenburger and Sabrina Penn have volunteered to help lead this important program.
- The director of Gigi’s Playhouse Judy Co will be speaking at our synagogue on Saturday, Oct 12th to tell the entire congregation about their organization’s mission.
- Joan Blum has become a tutor at Gigi’s Playhouse. There is a wonderful article about her experience in Gigi’s monthly newsletter. Click here to read it.
- If you would like to get involved with the Art Explosion class at Gigi’s run monthly, please contact Julie Wohl at email@example.com
- In another exciting new initiative for this fall, Kol Shalom is working with the Backpack Buddies Program to sponsor a student for the 2019/20 School year.
- A surprising number of children in our community go hungry each week. The Backpack Buddies Program provides many of these children with weekend meals and snacks during the school year. At the end of each week, children go home with a backpack containing six balanced meals and two healthy snacks.
- Our Hebrew School will be collecting tzedakah to support this important endeavor. A representative from the Backpack Buddies program will be speaking on Sept. 8th at the first day of Hebrew School.
Watershed Stewards Academy
- Under the guidance of Bobbie Kestenbaum we are beginning a process to obtain a grant from the Watershed Stewards Academy to beautify and improve the sustainability of our landscaping.
- Helen Goren, Cindy Weiner, Chris Erlewine and many others have done a wonderful job of reaching out to community members who are in need of assistance.
- If you would like to participate in the Chesed Committee’s holy work, please contact Cindy or Chris.
Zentangle Meditative Art (Live-Stream)
June 23 @ 10:00 am
Thursday Morning Minyan (Live-Stream)
June 24 @ 9:00 am
Torah and Tabloids (Live-Stream)
June 24 @ 9:40 am
Men’s Club: Beer, Snacks and Casual Conversation
June 24 @ 7:00 pm
Shabbat Evening Services (Live-Stream 5:30pm)
June 25 @ 5:30 pm
Shabbat Morning Services (In-Person and Live-Stream)
June 26 @ 9:30 am
Talmud Study (Live-Stream)
June 28 @ 10:30 am
Monday Evening Minyan (Live-Stream)
June 28 @ 7:00 pm
Mindfulness and Meditation Session (Live-Stream)
June 29 @ 7:00 pm